We believe that ELELS is an excellent place to celebrate a Bar/Bat Mitzvah through:
- The emphasis on integrating the family into the community
- The integration of cheder with Shabbat services and festivals to minimise the demands on the family
- The recognition and welcome for all denominations and family units
- Our flexible approach to working with families to plan ways of celebrating that are suitable and accessible for all children, whatever their levels of ability and their specific learning needs
- The competitively priced membership and B’nei Mitzvah fees
To let you know what a Bar/Bat Mitzvah at ELELS involves we attach the ‘Becoming Bar/Bat Mitzvah’ document that is given to all families at the start of their Bar/Bat Mitzvah journey with us.
It will let you know what is expected of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah family in the approach to a Bar/Bat Mitzvah, and what Bar/Bat Mitzvah families can expect from us. As the document itself makes clear, however, we recognise that each family is unique and we consider the attached document as a guide, not a rule book. This is your Bar/Bat Mitzvah journey and we would like to personalise your journey to you.
The first step is to book an appointment with Rabbi Richard Jacobi to discuss your child's bar/bat mitzvah. To do that, please email email@example.com or call the office on 07745790869 (our Chair, Stewart Spivack).