We believe that ELELS is an excellent place to celebrate a Bar/Bat Mitzvah through:
- The emphasis on integrating the family into the community
- The integration of cheder with Shabbat services and festivals to minimise the demands on the family
- The recognition and welcome for all denominations and family units
- Our flexible approach to working with families to plan ways of celebrating that are suitable and accessible for all children, whatever their levels of ability and their specific learning needs
- The competitively priced membership and B’nei Mitzvah fees
To let you know what a Bar/Bat Mitzvah at ELELS involves we attach the ‘Becoming Bar/Bat Mitzvah’ document that is given to all families at the start of their Bar/Bat Mitzvah journey with us.
It will let you know what is expected of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah family in the approach to a Bar/Bat Mitzvah, and what Bar/Bat Mitzvah families can expect from us. As the document itself makes clear, however, we recognise that each family is unique and we consider the attached document as a guide, not a rule book. This is your Bar/Bat Mitzvah journey and we would like to personalise your journey to you.
See also, the related document, Practical Aspects of the Day (updated Nov 2019), which is designed to help prepare for the actual day or weekend of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah.